Sunday, October 5, 2008

Value Essay Responces

Value Essay Response

What item was described well?
I believe that the best described item was Olivia N’s bunny from C block. I liked how well she described him because her words were so genuine. It was like I was watching her first encounter with him and her fun times with him. I thought that he was a very good example of a priceless thing.

What item was poorly described?
I think that Kyle C’s iPod from C block wasn’t described well. His story was fine, but I think that he could’ve put more effort into it. For example, he could have described what it looked like. He also didn’t really tell us a story about it. If he did, it was very short. He sort of just stated a lot of things that he liked his iPod. I don’t mean to sound mean, but I think he could’ve done a better job.

What comparison was informative and effective?
I believe that Rachel B’s comparison from A block was really good. She stated plainly why she liked her quilt better than her CD’s. I think that this was an important part because it made us know why as well. She also made it clear that she valued both of them. The only thing that I think she could’ve improved on was why they were both of value to her.

What comparison was lacking?
I think that Meg M’s comparison from A block was lacking a lot. Even though she did say the similarities and differences between her lacrosse sticks and her family time watching baseball, it was very vague. She barely expanded or described anything in her comparison. It made me feel that she was rushed and didn’t take her time.

No comments: